[pdal] segmentation fault

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 08:24:00 PST 2014

The PDAL code requires C++ 11 and sets that as part of the build process.
The C++ 11 ABI requires all the libraries linked together also to be built
in conformance with the C++ ABI.  If this doesn't happen, there are rules
that can be violated that results the bad behavior that results in your
error.  The likely cause is that you're linking with a boost library that
wasn't built with C++ 11 ABI compatibility.  You can confirm this by
looking at the symbol table (I'd have to look to make sure what the exact
check is), but the fix is to build boost with C++ 11 enabled and then make
sure you link against the newly built boost libraries.

If this doesn't help, let me know and I'll try to confirm the exact steps
for verification and the fix.

This may also help:

http://clang-developers.42468.n3.nabble.com/C-11-ABI-Compatibility-and-Static-Initialization-td4038790.html

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 2:55 AM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24 November 2014 at 02:49, Howard Butler <howard at hobu.co> wrote:
> > Luca,
> >

> Hi Howard,
>
> > Please test master again as I think Brad discovered the culprit and
> fixed it on Friday.
> >

> I still have the same problem...
>
> > Howard
> >

> --