[pdal] compile pdal with Python support

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Wed Dec 2 08:22:41 PST 2015

> On Dec 2, 2015, at 10:19 AM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 2 December 2015 at 17:16, Howard Butler <howard at hobu.co> wrote:
>>
>> A new version has been pushed to PyPI. Please let me know if it works for you.
>>

> not yet
>
> sudo pip install -v PDAL
> Collecting PDAL
>  Getting page https://pypi.python.org/simple/pdal/
>  1 location(s) to search for versions of PDAL:
>  * https://pypi.python.org/simple/pdal/
>  Getting page https://pypi.python.org/simple/pdal/
>  Analyzing links from page https://pypi.python.org/simple/pdal/
>  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement PDAL (from versions: )
> Cleaning up...
> No matching distribution found for PDAL
> Exception information:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 211, in main
>    status = self.run(options, args)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/commands/install.py",
> line 294, in run
>    requirement_set.prepare_files(finder)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/req/req_set.py", line
> 334, in prepare_files
>    functools.partial(self._prepare_file, finder))
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/req/req_set.py", line
> 321, in _walk_req_to_install
>    more_reqs = handler(req_to_install)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/req/req_set.py", line
> 461, in _prepare_file
>    req_to_install.populate_link(finder, self.upgrade)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/req/req_install.py", line
> 250, in populate_link
>    self.link = finder.find_requirement(self, upgrade)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/index.py", line 571, in
> find_requirement
>    'No matching distribution found for %s' % req
> DistributionNotFound: No matching distribution found for PDAL

Hmph, there must be something I am not doing correctly when configuring a Cython extension for PyPI. I'll try to track this down more.

One thing that should get you going is after you've installed PDAL on your system, fetch a copy of the PDAL tree, cd ./python, and then issue 'python setup.py install'.