[pdal] reader text file

Jed Frechette jedfrechette at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 06:40:30 PST 2015

On 12/2/2015 3:18 PM, Howard Butler wrote:
 > I think I may take a crack at this in a slightly unconventional way
 > -- I will implement a readers.python. The idea would be that you
 > write a python script that turns your text file, whatever it is, into
 > a numpy array, and then we'll just suck in that numpy array into PDAL
 > with the types that are specified.

That seems like a really nice solution that adds a lot of functionality
for 'free'. Using it to write a reader for the SPD format [1] using one
of the Python HDF5 libraries would probably be pretty easy, for example,
or generating synthetic data...

[1] http://www.spdlib.org/doku.php?id=spdlib:users:formats:spd

--
Jed Frechette