[pdal] How to handle las files that don't fit in memory

Tom van Tilburg tom.van.tilburg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 12:10:40 PST 2015

Hi Andrew,

Increasing SWAP is possible but wouldn't this seriously degrade the
performance? I have about 30 gigs of RAM and it already takes ages to load
everything in there.

Streaming would definitely be a way to go, as it works fine with lastools
for me. I'll look into it. Chopping the data into smaller spatial blocks
would be my first approach here.
Any estimate on when streaming will get into the api?

Best, Tom