[pdal] Filtering by Classification, Return #, etc

Matthew Hanson mhanson at appliedgeosolutions.com
Thu Feb 12 12:39:50 PST 2015

I think I now mostly understand the complete process necessary to go from
our collected point clouds to DEM products.

However, when trying to construct the filter to filter out the ground
points, I realized that the PassThrough filter only supports certain
dimensions and Classification is not one of them (I was going to set min
and max Classification to 2).   On a similar note I'll want to filter by
other things such as return number.

So it looks like I just need to put together a Python function and use a
predicate filter, which looks easy enough.   However I wanted to make sure
I'm not missing anything.   Is there another, preferred way to do this
filtering?    I'm especially interested in speed as we'll be processing a
fair amount of data.

Thanks again for all the help from the developers, it's been a great help.
  I'll buy you a drink if I see you at FOSS4G in SF next month.

Matthew Hanson
Applied GeoSolutions
(603) 659-3363 x91
http://appliedgeosolutions.com