[pdal] RiVLib plugin

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Fri Jul 24 07:45:10 PDT 2015

> On Jul 22, 2015, at 2:45 PM, Howard Butler <howard at hobu.co> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 22, 2015, at 2:43 PM, Robert Dzur <rdzur at bhinc.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> In attempting to install the latest PDAL development version with homebrew, and I run into what appears to be some cmake configuration issues in that   I get a message about:
>>
>> * RiVLib plugin , read data in the RXP format
>> * Python plugin , add features that depend on python
>>
>> Just prior to the error message:  -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
>> Wondering if there might be a work around for this situation?
>
> Both of these should be completely optional.  It might be that the homebrew recipe needs some updating. I will take a look and get back to you.

I have looked into it, and there’s currently two PDAL Homebrew recipes — the mainline one which is very old (and should be removed — I will make a request to do so), and the OSGeo4Mac one that is newer and provides the expected ecosystem of supporting libraries. I have made a pull request of the OSGeo4Mac one that enables the following drivers:

https://gist.github.com/hobu/32f29954c57239205530

Hopefully it will be merged soon. In the interim, you can use https://github.com/OSGeo/homebrew-osgeo4mac/pull/98 as a guide.

Hope this helps,