[pdal] loop a directory through a pipeline

Maxson, Michele L ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH CIV Michele.L.Maxson at erdc.dren.mil
Thu Apr 28 07:45:28 PDT 2016

How do I loop a directory through a pipeline?  I currently have a denoiseing pipeline created and I would like to loop it through all the LAZ files in a directory.  I keep getting the error "PDAL:  PipelineReaderJSON: unable to parse pipeline" indicating that the error may lie within the *.json pipeline.  I have created a *.json both with a reader and writer and one without for testing and both files result in the "unable to parse pipeline" error.    Are there additional wildcards or code that needs to be included/not included in the *.json?  I am working in Docker and coding within my container using the script found on the pdal.io website "Loop a directory and filter it through a pipeline" as a template.  Thanks for any help.

Michele L. Maxson, GISP
Research Physical Scientist
Cold Regions Research and Engineering Lab
72 Lyme Road
Hanover, NH 03755
Office: 603-646-4122
Mobile: 937-631-1915