[pdal] Problem with wildcards in pipeline (JSON)

Scott Lewis scott.lewis at nsidc.org
Fri May 6 09:39:01 PDT 2016

Following the instructions at http://www.pdal.io/pipeline.html to do
globbed inputs, I put together a simple pipeline file (pipeline.json)
containing this:

{
   "pipeline":[
     "/data/20150505/\*.h5",
     {
       "type": "filters.merge"
     },
     "/data/ILATM1B_20150508.las"
   ]
}

However, when I run the following command:

pdal pipeline pipeline.json

I get an error saying:
PDAL: PipelineReaderJSON: unable to parse pipeline

I've tried replacing the \*.h5 with *.h5, and it gives me a different
error saying it can't find a file called *.h5.

When I replace the line with multiple lines containing the actual
filenames, however, the pipeline works fine.

Is there a bug with the globbing?  Or does it need to be done
differently?  (I'm running this on the Docker image)

Thanks!

Scott Lewis
NSIDC