[pdal] vcomp100.dll missing?

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Mon Nov 28 01:45:05 PST 2016

> A nicely integrated Windows install, based on OSGeo4W64 or otherwise, is a
> lot of work to start and even more constant resource drag to maintain. It
> needs contribution to make it happen, and it requires enough specialized
> experience and skill. A bunch of pieces are there, but there is still plenty to
> do to complete the integration.

Howard,

An updated version of PDAL in OSGeo4W would be a huge benefit for me and my colleagues. So much that I can justify spending time on updating the current PDAL package. I do have quite a lot of experience in building PDAL on Windows in various configurations. I have very little insight in the OSGeo4w-ecosystem however. If someone is willing to mentor me in the inner workings of the OSGeo4W distribution, I'll do my best to update the PDAL package once 1.4 is out. I think it can be done without too much hassle if the aim is a bare-bones build of PDAL.

/Kristian