[pdal] Building PDAL 1.3 on Debian testing

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 8 13:16:45 PDT 2016

On 09/08/2016 08:54 PM, Jean-Francois Prieur wrote:
> I saw that there was a PDAL 1.2 package for Debian testing but it
> is not built with PCL so it does not have the ground filter that I need.

FWIW, the pdal package in Debian disabled the PCL plugin in pdal
(1.1.0-5) because that pulls VTK into the dependency chain, and the VTK
packages in Debian are not very well maintained.

Having the VTK packages in the dependency chain makes the package very
prone to release critical bugs which threaten the removal of the package
from testing and subsequently from the next stable release.

GRASS will soon depend on PDAL and this package is too important to not
have in a Debian stable release.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--