[pdal] pdal and pcl on debian stretch/sid

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 30 11:33:09 PDT 2016

On 09/30/2016 07:54 PM, Peter Tittmann wrote:
> I’d like to link PCL to PDAL. Reading through the documentation its hard to tell if this can be done using binaries or needs to be compiled from source. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

You can use the pcl package (libpcl-dev), it was used by the pdal
package before, but as discussed previously [0] having vtk in the
dependency chain gets the pdal package to be affected by too many
release critical bugs in vtk.

After installing the libpcl-dev package and its dependencies, you need
to build PDAL with -DBUILD_PLUGIN_PCL=ON.

With the changes in PDAL 1.3.0, the added value of the PCL plugin is
limited.

[0] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pdal/2016-September/001041.html

Kind Regards,

Bas