[pgpointcloud] PDAL error

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Tue Jul 8 11:57:30 PDT 2014

On Jul 8, 2014, at 1:48 PM, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> wrote:

> Looks like libxml is failing to parse the XML document PDAL is generating, which is odd, because the failure is at the basic XML parse level, not at any further level. So this is a particular problem w/ the XML generated (or not) by PDAL, possibly because the API contract there changed? So more of a PDAL problem, perhaps, than a pointcloud one.

Ah, yes, I did tweak the PDAL schema stuff a little bit recently (last December). I added an orientation to describe whether or not the data are stored dimension-major or point-major. As part of this I mucked with the xmlns [1]. There already is a "version" item available, and it seemed silly to embed and calcify the version as part of the namespace itself. I think pgpointcloud's XML validation needs to be tweaked a little bit to allow this namespace to be valid.

I think there will need to be a pull request to pgpointcloud to make this change.

Howard

[1] https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/commit/eb5b3d615e99fb2a4e3cd43027ce7f50c25b5743#diff-df9d91f1f874ad990569d91bad6ce31c