[pgpointcloud] Nature of patches

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Tue Jul 8 18:50:22 PDT 2014

Hi Howard,

Sorry for the delay. You understood the question correctly, I was
interested in how PDAL's chipper works.

In this case, I just wanted to make sure that it was x/y bounding boxes, as
that is what I need, as I need to difference with ground points, so I want
them "nearby" as in, in the same chip as my vegetation points. I like the
idea of the abstraction of n-dimensional chipping though.

My main use case at the moment is just moar lidar, but definitely
interested in applications for point clouds for OpenDroneMap, i.e. point
clouds from Structure from Motion approaches.

I think too, it could be interesting to abuse point cloud / PDAL for
continuous return LiDAR, but I don't personally have an application for
that yet... .

Best,
Steve