[pgpointcloud] Full waveform data

Kevin Beam kevin.beam at nsidc.org
Fri Jan 6 09:56:50 PST 2017

Has there been any discussion about, or has anyone tried, using
pgpointcloud with full waveform data?

We recently successfully prototyped using pgpointcloud with IceBridge
ATM L1B data. We've wondered whether it would be possible to use or
extend pgpointcloud with, for example, IceBridge LVIS L1B full waveform
data (http://nsidc.org/data/docs/daac/icebridge/ilvis1b/v1/index.html
and http://nsidc.org/data/docs/daac/icebridge/ilvis1b/). That data has
120 transmit waveform samples and 528 receive waveform samples.

The main use case we have at this point is spatial and temporal
subsetting of this data. There are some other methods we may pursue if
pgpointcloud  is not an option.

I wonder if it could be as simple as storing the point data in
patch/point tables and augmenting the results with the waveform data
after the spatial/temporal query (from waveform data in other tables).

Kevin

--
Kevin Beam
kbeam at nsidc.org
Software Engineer
National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC)
University of Colorado Boulder