[pgpointcloud] pointcloud version and variant

Lars laasunde at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 03:57:38 PDT 2018

Hello,

Running Win7+SP1, PostgreSQL 9.5 and bundle95x64_2.3.0.1.

  *   The following query produces "function pc_envelopegeometry does not exist"
  *   SELECT ST_AsText(PC_EnvelopeGeometry(pa)) FROM patches LIMIT 5;

The following query works are expected:

SELECT PC_Intersects('SRID=4326;POINT(-126.451 45.552)'::geometry, pa) FROM patches limit 5;

Why is PC_Intersects available but not PC_EnvelopGeometry when both are listed in PointCloud documentation?

How can I determine if I am running latest version of pointcloud extension?

How can I determine if pointcloud is built with GHT and/or LAZPERF ?

  *
Opening psql and running the following command;
\d po*

postgis 2.3.0
pointcloud 1.1.0
pointcloud_postgis 1.0