[pgrouting-dev] New Website - New URL - New Repository - New Release - ...

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Nov 22 00:27:08 EST 2010

Dear pgRouting Community,

It has been a long way but finally we made it:
I'm glad to be able to announce the new pgRouting website, that also comes
with a lot of other changes and news!
I hope the migration doesn’t produce a lot of confusion but makes it easier
to participate in the project and make development faster and better!

Here the changes in detail:

New Website and URL
--------------------------------

pgRouting got a new website and URL. So update your bookmarks to
http://www.pgrouting.org

It is built with Sphinx and hosted on GitHub:
https://github.com/pgRouting/website.
Old content from the previous TRAC wiki has been reviewed, and if it was
seen as useful and not completely outdated, it was copied to the new site.
If you want to make changes to the website, contribute content or make
corrections, feel free to fork the repository and submit pull requests. Or
send an email to project at pgrouting.org and we will give you commit rights to
the repository.

New Source Repository
---------------------------------

The source repositories moved to GitHub: https://github.com/pgRouting/

There you can find repositories for pgRouting library itself as well as
source code of the project website, osm2pgrouting, the workshop and others.
pgRouting repositories are public, but write access is limited. Send an
email to project at pgrouting.org if you want to make changes to the website or
if you want to contribute to the project.

We hope Git makes it easier to participate in the project and make
development faster and collaboration better!
More information: http://www.pgrouting.org/development.html

New Mailing Lists and Forum

The discussion forum is not available anymore for posting questions and we
recommend http://gis.stackexchange.com instead (we kept a cached copy as a
reference). Find all questions tagged with "pgrouting" under
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/pgrouting

More information: http://www.pgrouting.org/support.html

New Release 1.05
--------------------------

There has been no new release of pgRouting library for a long time, though
several bugs have been fixed in the meanwhile.
Release 1.05 doesn't contain any new features but is a bugfix release and a
tag at the time of the migration to GitHub.

More information: http://www.pgrouting.org/download.html

New Fund-Raising
--------------------------

Maybe you have used pgRouting for your research project or for some
commercial application or something else. Or maybe you’re planning to use
pgRouting for your next project.
If you would like to support the pgRouting not only through community
activity, but also provide some financial support, then feel free to make
some donation.

More information: http://www.pgrouting.org/donate.html

Hoping you enjoy the new website and pgRouting!

Best regards,

Daniel Kastl
Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de