[pgrouting-dev] Support for Time Constraints

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Apr 4 12:59:47 EDT 2011

Jay,

You can sign up here for Navteq Network for Developers:
http://www.nn4d.com/site/global/home/p_home.jsp

This will allow you to download some sample data for a city like
Chicago, London, a few others.

Navteq has a very rich road network model that includes turn
restrictions and time dependent turn restrictions, road classification,
urban/rural and lots of other attributes to help you accurately model
the network. You can choose to incorporate as much as you see fit.

The time dependent feeds are typically called traffic feeds, if you are
googling for them, and provide near realtime speed information for major
roads in and around major cities. Typically they provide a Navteq
LINK_ID and a message about it, like the average speed, it a traffic
accident or lane closure and potentially volume of traffic. You can then
make some assumptions about the about time and speed. You might need
some queuing analysis to better understand the impact on traffic flow.

Regards,
   -Steve