[pgrouting-dev] Cannot create topology

Stephanos Charalambous stephanos_ch at yahoo.gr
Thu Feb 17 08:46:58 EST 2011

Hello,

I am kind of new in using pgrouting and I would really like your help.

I have imported a road network, called "testNic" (from shapefile) into a PostgreSQL database using QGIS and pgAdmin. Then, I added the necessary columns, source, target and cost, and created the geom_idx. The problem that I am facing is that I cannot create the topology using the query:

SELECT assign_vertex_id('testNic', 0.00001, 'the_geom', 'gid');

I get the following error, and i can't locate where the mistake is.

NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "vertices_tmp_id_seq" for serial column "vertices_tmp.id"
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "CREATE TABLE vertices_tmp (id serial)"
PL/pgSQL function "assign_vertex_id" line 14 at EXECUTE statement
ERROR:  find_srid() - couldnt find the corresponding SRID - is the geometry registered in the GEOMETRY_COLUMNS table?  Is there an uppercase/lowercase missmatch?
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "assign_vertex_id" line 20 at assignment

ERROR: find_srid() - couldnt find the corresponding SRID - is the geometry registered in the GEOMETRY_COLUMNS table?  Is there an uppercase/lowercase missmatch?
SQL state: P0001
Context: PL/pgSQL function "assign_vertex_id" line 20 at assignment

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards
Stephanos Charalambous