[pgrouting-dev] My questions again:-)

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Fri Feb 18 06:23:29 EST 2011

2011/2/18 Hens,Markus M. <m.hens at student.fontys.nl>

> Hey,
>
> I try to ask my questions again:-)
>
> 1.
> when I try to import Bayern.osm or Germany.osm with osm2pgrouting, the
> script stops when Trying to load the data and trying to parse the data. Is
> that a common error?
> Barcelona.osm from the workshop works with no problems. Did I forgot
> anything?

Barcelona.osm is pretty small. It can take quite some time depending on your
hardware. And it can happen that you run out of memory when your data is too
big. You can also try osm2po, which can handle more data, but wasn't used in
the workshop because it's not open source software.

> 2.
> I played a little bit around with OSGEO live tools.
> I Understand that mapconfig.xml defines the relevant tags and that you have
> to add costs to these tags.
> I did not understand if for example a way has a tag bridge=yes and a tag
> highway=motorway this way is saved two times in the db because every way has
> only one class_id.
> how is it handled if there are two relevant tags for one way?

I don't know. Probably your network makes no sense then, if you define
bridge as a road class and not as an attribute.
But you could try what will happen and report the result.

Daniel

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de