[pgrouting-dev] Licensing for Co-development between OpenGraphRouter and pgRouting

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Jun 2 23:05:12 EDT 2011

On 6/2/2011 10:39 PM, Daniel Kastl wrote:
> Hi Steve and Anton,
>
> First of all, there are already a couple of contributors to pgRouting
> and personally I don't want to invest time to get agreements from
> everyone in case we want to change a license. To setup a PSC was already
> some waste of time, that could have been spent better. ;-)

Well the PSC is an important step, but it does not solve our basic
problem of not having enough critical mass or having developers. GSoC is
helping this year and we hold that Jay and Kishore will have time and
interest to continue working with us in the future. Ashraf finished
school and some other projects and he has come back and it interested in
working more so there is hope.

> Also it makes sense in my opinion to just have the same license for
> pgRouting as PostGIS has.

There was some talk about merging with PostGIS. Is anything happening on
that front or is that dead?

> So from the pgRouting side I'm not really supporting any license change.

Ok, that is fine. We will have to work around that as a constraint.

-Steve