[pgrouting-dev] Support for Time Constraints

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Jun 12 16:39:01 EDT 2011

On 6/12/2011 2:59 PM, Jay Mahadeokar wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Stephen Woodbridge
> <woodbri at swoodbridge.com <mailto:woodbri at swoodbridge.com>> wrote:
>
>     Jay,
>
>     Try:
>
>     select class_id, count(*) as cnt from ways group by class_id oder by
>     classid;
>
>     Typically you should a a distribution in real world data something like:
>
>     5% limited access major highways
>     15% major roads
>     75% minor roads
>     5% trails, pedestrian ways, etc
>
>     Well in the US anyway. Also if this is OSM data then you might get a
>     better clue on classes by looking to that .... OH!, look what I
>     found in google :)
>
>     http://workshop.pgrouting.org/chapters/advanced.html
>

> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for giving me the link. I somehow never tried doing advanced part
> of the workshop.
>
> Well, it is using routing database which we generate during this step:
> http://workshop.pgrouting.org/chapters/osm2pgrouting.html
>
> I am doing exact steps outlined there but unfortunately, after I run
> osmtopgrouting command,  get following output:
> <lots of mesages regarding different class name, and ids>
> class name = roundabout
> class id = 401
> class id = 401 name = roundabout added to type name=junction
> Trying to load data
> Trying to parse data
>

> I find only the following 3 tables generated in routing database:
>                 List of relations
>   Schema |       Name        | Type  |  Owner
> --------+-------------------+-------+----------
>   public | geography_columns | view  | postgres
>   public | geometry_columns  | table | postgres
>   public | spatial_ref_sys   | table | postgres
> (3 rows)
>
> The tutorial says a total of 8 tables should be generated.
>
> I do not get any other warning or error messages.
>
> On other hand, I am able to do all steps here:
> http://workshop.pgrouting.org/chapters/topology.html correctly, and
> hence till now I was working with pgrouting-workshop database.
>
> I am sorry if this are very silly errors, but I have no previous
> experience working with such data. Any hint/link why I am not able to
> generate routing database?

Jay,

Sorry, I can not help as I have rarely used OSM data. I guess I need to
make time to work through those examples at some point.

Regardless, of the missing tables, if you have enough data to work with
and the doc link helps you understand it, then move forward if you can.
I will have to leave additional explaination up to others who will
hopefully  chime in.

-Steve