[pgrouting-dev] Do we need a new and better TSP?

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Sat Sep 17 13:50:23 EDT 2011

Hi list,

On Friday at FOSS4G in Denver I discussed with Steve about TSP, and I want
to share a bit of what we came up with:

   - According to Steve there is a way to solve TSP without GA (Genetic
   Algorithm), and that way we could get rid off GAUL dependency and make it a
   "core" function.
   - Instead of calculation of a distance matrix within the TSP function,
   the distance matrix could be passed as a "SELECT". Then the user could
   decide the way distances should be calculated. And APSP would be a nice way
   to calculate a distance matrix for example.

Any other ideas how to improve the current implementation of TSP?
Do you have some other use cases with specific requirements?

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de