[pgrouting-dev] Do we need a new and better TSP?

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue Sep 20 01:23:10 EDT 2011

Hi Mario,

I think Anton knows how it is done at the moment and Steve seems to know how
to do it better ;-)

I guess that there are many TSP solvers available or recipes how to
implement your own. It's kind of popular topic, I think.

One important point for me is, that a new TSP function should allow to pass
a distance matrix, because the current one takes the linear distance. IMO
the user should be able to decide how to calculate distances, and with Jay's
APSP (all-pair-shortest-path) there is now a way to compute a "real
distance" matrix much more efficient than before.

Daniel

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de