[pgrouting-dev] Attn: PSC Members

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Apr 7 23:50:44 EDT 2012

Hi PSC Members,

This is a last call to check-in.

As far as I can tell I am the only PSC member left on the list that is
active with pgRouting. I have sent out two other requests for PSC
members to check in with me and I have had no responses.

So I plan to disband the current PSC and try to reconstitute it with new
members. I will be looking for people that want to be actively involved
in contributing time and effort on pgRouting. We have a lot of things we
need to get done that require various different levels of skill so I am
hoping that we will get people in our community to assist in some of the
efforts. I will also be looking for some funding to help with some of
the maintenance tasks.

Daniel and I will try to develop a detailed plan in the near future.
Here are some of the things on my list in no particular order or priority:

o rationalizing out functions and stored procedures
o integrating the trsp algorithm into the core
o integrating some of the GSoC projects into the core
o developing a test suite to validate the code before releases
o bug fixes
o fix or remove shooting star, maybe replace it with trsp
o update the documentation for changes above
o update the tutorial
o documenting the Windows build process (I can't even do this)
o documenting our release process
o generating a new release

As you can see we have a lot to do, and I'm sure I have missed a ton of
items that should be on this list.

So if you are interested in contributing to this project, I will work
with you to scope out and document specific tasks that fit your interest
and skills.

We have had a few users that have fixed bugs recently and I want to
thank them and I hope we can leverage some of their knowledge, skills
and ideas about pgRouting.

Thanks,