[pgrouting-dev] OR tools lib

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Thu Jul 25 21:11:55 PDT 2013

On 26/07/13 02:30, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Razequl, Daniel, Dave P,
>
> I found this site which looks like it might be interesting for future
> integration into pgRouting.
>
> http://or-tools.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
> http://or-tools.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/documentation/user_manual/index.html
>

> Specifically it has some implementations of VRP and TSP variables and
> other algorithms related to Operation Research problems. And It is
> available under an Apache License which is fairly liberal.
>
> -Steve
Hmm

What are you suggesting, a quick port in to pgroute?

I am need an ATRP solution, while I have been playing a around with the
current TSP implementation,  I noticed it has several flaws, some of
which I have hacks for.

1. All nodes must be in  numerical order with no gaps ie 1,2,3,4 not
1,2,4,5.
2. There is no way of saying that there is no journey between node 2 and 5
3. The error check is limited, if I my mistake include a value of 0 for
a journey of 2 to 5 instead of 2 2 its not picked up

Dave.