[pgrouting-dev] pgroute run time envronment

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Jul 26 04:05:14 PDT 2013

On 7/26/2013 4:08 AM, Dave Potts wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> What can I assume about the pgroute run time envroment ? Does it support
> c++???
>
> If I want to write some c++ code for the pg route library can I assume
> that standard envromental std functions such as vector will exist ?
>
> Can I write a implement code using a standard c++ template feature?

You can link whatever your need into the library you create to be
dynamically loaded. We have functions that use std::* and use Boost
which is all C++ templates.

You have to start with some thing C code to handle the interface with
plpgsql can create the library interface that postgresql calls but that
can then call C++ functions. Look at the bi-directional code for an example.