[pgrouting-dev] Fixes for Bidirectional code just checked in

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue Jun 4 18:48:06 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Stephen Woodbridge
<woodbri at swoodbridge.com>wrote:

> On 6/4/2013 3:53 PM, Alec Gosse wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've just pulled from the develop branch and built fresh and I'm
>> getting a server crash from pgr_bdastar. If I run exactly the same
>> thing using pgr_astar, it works. This is using postgres 9.2.4 and
>> postgis 2.0.3 from Homebrew on Mac 10.8.3
>>

> I'm using pg9.2.4 and postgis 2.0.x or 2.1.0beta3dev and I fixed these
> issues I thought. Evidently not.
>

>  I'm still working on a bulk routing function using bdastar, but just
>> realized that the regular version was crashing without my
>> modifications. I'm happy to try to track this down, but have little
>> knowledge of how to debug within postgresql. Any pointers would be
>> appreciated.
>>

> OK, start by uncommenting #define DEBUG 1 in both the C and C++ code. Then
> add more DBG('I got here message\n"). In the C++ code these messages get
> written to a file '/tmp/sew-debug' and you can do a tail -f on that in
> another window to see your progress.
>
> This is likely a issue in the C++ code but it may also be something
> systemic about the way we are integrating code. If you build your own
> postgresql you might want to rebuild it with --enable-cassert option to
> configure which will put the database backend into a more rigorous memory
> check mode.
>
> That is a start, I would be appy to help more if I can.

Hi Steve,

I have started a Wiki page to collect that kind of information, because
that's easier to find someday than a years old email thread:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/Developer---How-to-debug

I have copied there a few collected notes.

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de