[pgrouting-dev] tsp problem

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Mar 4 12:36:19 PST 2013

On 3/4/2013 2:48 PM, Dave Potts wrote:
> On 04/03/13 16:23, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>

> Whats going to be included in pgrouting 2.0
> What is in the wish list,
> Which platforms will be supported ?

I'm working on putting together a plan. Once I have it in some order I
will post a link to it.

Some of the ideas are:

* postgis 2.0
* postgresql 9.1+ or 9.2+ using extensions
* Windows and linux builds
* Reorganizing the source tree
* planning for unit tests and regression test
* unbundling some of the code to allow access intermediate results like
tsp, driving_distance, dijkstra result graph
* pulling some of the branches into the code code base
* review pull requests and bugs
* reworking some of the wrapper functions to make them more consistent
and interchangable

At the moment I have way more ideas and committed work than funding so
we will see how far I can get.

I just started today on this and I'm trying to get my hands around to
size and scope of the problem. I will release more information next week
on this, once I have some semblance of a plan worked out.

I will also be setting my system up to create windows builds.

So lots of ideas :) ... reality has not set in yet!

-Steve