[pgrouting-dev] Back from the Boston Code Sprint

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Mar 27 21:05:00 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I'm back from the Boston Code Sprint. It has been a long 3 days for me
and I'm sure there will be more posted on other lists. We had something
like 27 people turn out. It was really great to get some face time with
my dev colleagues. Our hosts and sponsors did an awesome job.

Mostly during the sprinting I worked on getting pgrouting code to build
and install on the postgis windows build bot. I think we are 99% of the
way there. It looks like things work on MinGW64 and we had one strange
linking error on MinGW32 at the end of the day. I have some changes to
collect from Regina and merge back into git related to building the
dependent libraries.

Interestingly, cmake is springing up everywhere, there is a postgis
build system based on cmake

https://github.com/mloskot/postgis/tree/cmake-build

and mapserver will also be moving over to cmake

https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver

Both of these projects have very nice and clean cmake build files. I'm
hoping Daniel and I will have some time to go through these and clean up
our cmake stuff to make it a little cleaner. But at this point I am just
very happy to have something that works on both MinGW and Linux.

So I'm hoping after some clean up that I can actually tackle to 2.0
coding tasks rather than infrastructure work.