[pgrouting-dev] Help: I have a weird bug!

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri May 3 17:50:23 PDT 2013

Hi Devs,

I have run into a nasty bug while merging the bi-directional astar and
dijkstra algorithms.

Currently most of the code is getting merged into a single shared
object. I can run tests after I merge code. the trsp code hangs the
backend (requires a kill -9 to stop the process) if it is linked with
the bi-directional stuff. I'm not even running the bidirectional code as
the trsp is the first test.

I get no warnings or errors when I compile or link or install but
running the trsp query hangs everything.

Rebuilt with the bi-directional code and everything is fine.

The test process creates a new database and installs the extensions,
loads the data, runs the queries. So it is a clean start each time.

I have no idea how to debug this? as it appears to be a linker issue, or
collision of symbols or globals or some such.

Any ideas or thoughts on this?

I can try to create a new shared library for the bi-directional code,
but it seems like this issue should be tracked down and fixed if possible.