[pgrouting-dev] Bidirectional Integration bug

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue May 7 09:34:04 PDT 2013

On 5/7/2013 1:35 AM, Razequl Islam wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> I also want to have a look at the possible problem. I am trying to set
> up the environment on my machine. I have the previous version. What do I
> need to do to get 2.0 working? Should I set up the environment from the
> scratch or should an update will do. Please let me know how I should
> proceed. I can also do the debugging once I have the environment in place.

If you have the old environment already there, then it should be as
simple as:

mkdir work
cd work

# if you already have a fork it might be better to work with that
git clone git://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting.git

cd pgrouting
git checkout sew-devel-2_0
tools/doit
(cd build && sudo make install)

tools/test-runner.pl

tools/doit - a simple shell script to configure and compile. It creates
a directory "build" and all the build atrifacts go into it.

tools/test-runner.pl - is a perl script the runs the automated tests in
the database. If you have pg 9.1+ it assumes you can use "create
extension " for both postgis and pgrouting. If you have pg <9.1 then it
assumes you have already create a template_pgrouting database that has
postgis installed in it.

Currently, I have db_* test disabled as they crash. you can run them
manually with:

create a database with postgis and pgrouting installed in it say "test1"

# load the test data for dijkstra
psql -U postgres -h localhost -f
src/bd_dijkstra/test/bd_dijkstra-any-00.data test1

# run a test(s) for dijkstra (test are 01-06)
psql -U postgres -h localhost -f
src/bd_dijkstra/test/bd_dijkstra-any-01.test test1

# load the test data for astar
psql -U postgres -h localhost -f src/bd_astar/test/bd_astar-any-00.data
test1

# run a test(s) for astar(test are 01-06)
psql -U postgres -h localhost -f src/bd_astar/test/bd_astar-any-01.test
test1

I have run both your unit test files in "tester" directory and they run
ok, So it has something to do with the integration.

Thanks,
   -Steve