[pgrouting-dev] pgRouting 2.0 using OSX homebrew

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue May 7 13:11:58 PDT 2013

On 5/7/2013 10:27 AM, Alec Gosse wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am working on a bicycle routing project and converting from Open
> Trip Planner to pgRouting on both OSX and 64bit Ubuntu with
> PostgreSQL 9.1+. For me, the sew-revel-2_0 branch will build under
> ubuntu 12.10, but not on OSX 10.8 using dependencies installed
> through Homebrew.
>
> Homebrew is certainly the best way I've found to install open-source
> tools on a mac, so I would like to help get pgRouting 2.0 installable
> that way. Homebrew tends to use quite current packages such as boost
> 1.53, however, but I see in tool/NOTES.txt that pgRouting requires
> boost 1.46.1? Since things build on Ubuntu using boost 1.49, I'm
> wondering if this still applies?

Well the required version is whatever you can get to work. I know there
are some problems with 1.47, but those might be specific to that version.

> In either case, what's the best way for me to help get things running
> under OSX? Should I post errors I can't resolve to the list, and or
> is someone already working on this?

Yes, We can try to help if we know what errors you are seeing. I'm not
sure anyone here has OSX so you might need to take some initiative to
figure things out. If you look at the CMakeLists.txt files that are
sprinkled throughout the project tree, you will see that some of them
have blocks like:

if(APPLE)
endif(APPLE)

maybe we don't have these setup correctly or maybe some are missing that
need to be added. It would be great if you can help with this.

Thanks,
   -Steve