[pgrouting-dev] pgRouting 2.0 using OSX homebrew

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed May 8 17:14:19 PDT 2013

On 5/8/2013 7:49 PM, sanak wrote:
> Hi Alec,
>
> Thanks for your pull request!

I'm merging the pull request and will push it shortly.

I have one question, does anyone know what the commented out code is
supposed to do? IE: why is there in the first place? Commenting it out
seems to be OK on Linux.

I google about but could not find an answer regarding why its there and
I don't know C++. I suppose I could ask on the boost list if no one knows.

> 2013/5/9 Alec Gosse <alec at thegosses.com <mailto:alec at thegosses.com>>
>
>     Thank you all for your guidance. I've submitted a pull request for
>     my changes. As I noted in the text of the request, librouting_tsp
>     and librouting_ksp are being built as static rather than dynamic
>     libraries, so make install fails since they have the extension .a
>     rather than .so. Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.
>
>     The only other trouble I've run across is a very long list of
>     warnings like this while compiling:
>     /usr/local/src/pgrouting/src/driving_distance/src/drivedist.c:220:34: warning:
>     use of GNU old-style field designator extension [-Wgnu-designator]
>        edge_columns_t edge_columns = {id: -1, source: -1, target: -1,

Before we #ifdef about this, it seems that there might be a better way
to do this initialization, ie: NOT using the GNU old-style field
designator extension but rather an ANSI C way of doing this.

I'll take a stab at it but if anyone knows how to change these please do
a pull request.

Hi Alec,

So your pull request is generating *.a and not *.so, is this correct?

Thanks,
   -Steve