[pgrouting-dev] git dependency in (at least) pgRouting 2.0

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Fri May 10 18:47:20 PDT 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Stephen Mather
<mather.stephen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Here's a dependency not listed-- git itself is a dependency... .  I know
> this is a silly thing to point out, but it is possible on github to
> download a zip of the file without installing git.  Should git be added as
> a dependency?

I added a Cmake module to get some Git parameters, if available.
It should check if it's not a Git repository, though I didn't think about
it could fail if Git is not installed at all.
Thanks for the comment, because I didn't think about it at all.

I thought the Git module would be smart enough, but of course this
shouldn't become a build dependency.
Will take a look.

Daniel

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de