[pgrouting-dev] How many people use the wrapper functions?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat May 11 18:59:55 PDT 2013

Hi Worth,

Thank you for the feedback. It is really important the people speak up
on this because our current thinking is that we will probably take most
of the wrapper functions and dump them into a depreciated
pgrouting-legacy.sql file that will get copied to the server, but not
installed when you CREATE EXTENSION pgrouting;

I have talked with Daniel about improving the documentation and may be
adding a chapter that explains how to write your own wrapper function.
Our thought is that if we had fewer functions that were better
documented that it would be easier for people to make sense of how to
use from the beginning.

Regarding shooting star, you should just start using TRSP. In fact it
has the ability to specify an edge and a percentage along the edge for
the start and end locations. It also about 5 times faster than shooting
start.

With regards to the parallel edge problem. We have this in dijkstra and
astar and it is on my list of things to fix before the release. I am not
sure if trsp has this or not, but if you can make a test for it I would
be interested in the results.

Thanks,
   -Steve