[pgrouting-dev] Proposal for OSRM access via PostgreSQL

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue Nov 19 21:32:01 PST 2013

> 1. osrm_id is a reference to a table like:
>
> create table osrm_servers (
>   id integer,
>   url text,
>   comment text
> );
>
> If it is set to -1 (default) the the assumed url is '
> http://localhost:5000/', but is you have multiple local servers setup on
> your network, then you can enter them in this table and pass in the id for
> the server you want this query to access.

Hi Steve,

I would prefer not to have a reference table. This causes problems which
SCHEMA it should be available in, etc..

If it's just a URL parameter, why not pass it as an attribute?
Or if a table is necessary, then like other pgRouting functions the
argument could be "sql::text", so some could have a table and some user
could just write "SELECT 'http://localhost:5000/' AS url, ...".

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de