[pgrouting-dev] Boost graph algorithm

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Feb 26 06:52:06 PST 2014

On 2/26/2014 9:22 AM, Adrien ANDRÉ wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> prior to routing, i'd like to extract connected components from my network.
> Reading the mailing list i've learned this algorithm is implemented in
> the boost graph library.
>
> Could you tell me what are the main steps to make this algorithm
> available from my database?
> Or, could you advise me an existing tutorial about this?

Hi Adrien,

On the wiki are some pages on development and getting started.
Basically the process we use is to have people look at pgr_dijkstra()
function as this is pretty simple and it uses boost.

src/dijkstra and clone this into your own directory

Update the CMakeLists.txt file here and below and change the name of the
files to your algorithm

src/dijkstra/doc -- is for your doc files
src/dijkstra/sql -- is the code the links the sql function to the C/C++ code
src/dijkstra/src -- is you C/C++ code
src/dijkstra/test -- are your test files for the automated test system
src/dijkstra/tester -- can be used to write a command lin test tool that
test your code outside of the database

Jump right in and ask questions when you are confused or need help.

Oh, I recommend that you go to github and fork the pgrouting project
into your account, then clone you fork, and create a branch off of
master or develop and do you development in that branch. Then when you
have code to submit back you can generate a pull request that is easy
for us or other to merge back into the main development branch.

Thanks,