[pgrouting-dev] K-Shortest Paths performance issues

Paulo Figueiras paf at uninova.pt
Thu Jan 23 14:34:28 PST 2014

Hi, Steve.

Thanks for your fast response.

The seems a little excessive to me, but I have not used it enough to have
> any idea what to expect.

So it seems :) I'm running pgrouting on a Ubuntu virtual machine with 2
cores and 4GB of RAM.

> Can you run ksp with k=1? or does it automatically adjust it upward to k=2?
>
> I can try to run with k=1, although I use Dijkstra or A* for single
routes. I would really like to use KSP for 2 to 5 route options.

> Does this happen for ALL cases? or only sometimes?
>
> I tried a few times and it is consistent.

> Can you make a small graph test case the shows this behavior? The can be
> used to debugging the problem.
>
> What I'll do is I'll migrate my code to a more powerful server this
weekend, and I'll test KSP with k=2 there to check for improvements. In the
meantime, I'll try k=1 in the virtual machine.

I'll report results next week. Again, thank you very much.

Best,

--

Paulo Figueiras <paf at uninova.pt <%3Crddc at uninova.pt>>

[image: cid:image002.jpg at 01C8AEC7.2F6E45A0] <http://www.uninova.pt/>

UNINOVA, Centre of Technology and Systems
Campus da Caparica, Quinta da Torre
2829-516 Monte Caparica, PORTUGAL

Phone: (+351) 212948312 | Fax: (+351) 212957786 | Website:
http://www.uninova.pt/