[pgrouting-dev] Contraction hierarchies might be coming to a pgrouting near you

Ko Nagase nagase at georepublic.co.jp
Wed Dec 23 05:36:26 PST 2015

Hi Stephen, Mukul,

Thanks for good news!

Does "contraction hierarchies" mean the following technique ?
===
[Contraction hierarchies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contraction_hierarchies
===

It seems to be used in OSRM/OpenTripPlanner/GraphHopper from the
site's  "References" section,
so I think that it will be a quite nice improvement for pgRouting.

Regards,

Ko