[pgrouting-dev] SSL SYSCALL error: EOF detected

Luís de Sousa luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 06:22:22 PST 2015

Hi Steve,

Paul's post is bit old, things don't work exactly the way same
anymore, but I eventually succeeded running it (the log is attached).
I used this query:

SELECT seq, id1 AS node, id2 AS edge, cost, ST_AsGeoJSON(b.the_geom)
FROM pgr_dijkstra('
          SELECT gid AS id,
               source::integer,
               target::integer,
               to_cost::double precision AS cost,
               reverse_cost::double precision
          FROM  lux_2po.ways',
          10000 ,  20000 , true, true) a LEFT JOIN  lux_2po.ways b ON
(a.id2 = b.gid)

I had to feed it to valgrind from a file (without line breaks):

$ cat query.sql  | valgrind --leak-check=yes --log-file=valgrindlog
/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/bin/postgres --single -D
/etc/postgresql/9.1/main lamilo_routing

If I am reading it correctly, this query left behind some 3 kb of
memory. Not as much as my back-of-the-envelope calculation pointed,
but in the same order of magnitude. It may happen that between
different nodes the leak is larger.

Regards,

Luís