[pgrouting-users] problem with azimuth()

Valeria Muñoz valemunoz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 11:39:17 EDT 2009

Hi

 After a while I returned to my work pgrouting. I'm trying to define whether
a user should turn right or left with the function azimuth .

My problem is: does not work:) I'm doing something wrong.

My query:

A-SELECT azimuth(startpoint(the_geom),endpoint(the_geom)) as azimuth from
calle where gid = 4390
B-SELECT azimuth(startpoint(the_geom),endpoint(the_geom)) as azimuth from
calle where gid = 7326
C-SELECT azimuth(startpoint(the_geom),endpoint(the_geom)) as azimuth from
calle where gid = 4392
D-SELECT azimuth(startpoint(the_geom),endpoint(the_geom)) as azimuth from
calle where gid = 4402

 After obtaining the results:
 I compare A con B if the result is <1=turn left >1 tunr right
 I compare B con C if the result is <1=turn left >1 tunr right
 I compare C con D if the result is <1=turn left >1 tunr right

 can someone please guide me?
RG