[pgrouting-users] [RouterGeocoder] SoC OSM import tool

Anton Patrushev anton at orkney.co.jp
Thu Apr 2 21:48:20 EDT 2009

Hi Steve,

Well, my idea is simple. In his proposal Nestor is talking about
cross-platform tool and the easiest way to achieve this is to use
Java. And then I thought that having Java we can easily add some
simple GUI which would also work on any platform - just a simple form
where user can specify OSM data source, check attributes to import,
push a button and enjoy running progress bar :)
You can run it as a normal Java application, or as a Web Start
application from the Internet, or even compile it for a platform you
want.

But it is just an idea. I just thought that some people would
appreciate simple GUI. For me personally a command line tool is enough
:)

Anton.