[pgrouting-users] PgRouting-Problems with own OSM-data

Kai Behncke Kai-Behncke at gmx.de
Sat Apr 11 05:22:42 EDT 2009

Dear users,

I try to use own osm-geodata for routing. I took them as an shapefile-extract and brought
them to PostgreSQL/PostGIS (so I thought they would have a correct topology) but it doesn`t seem so.

Problem one:

The most time I try to get a result I don`t get anything.
You can see in the following picture:

Screenshot 1:
http://www.selbstverwaltung-bundesweit.de/no_result.png

The xml-result then is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

<route>

</route>

Problem 2:

If I get a result it`s mostly wrong, as you can see here:

Screenshot 2:
http://www.selbstverwaltung-bundesweit.de/too_long.png

The route is far too long.

How can this be?

In the victoria-example it works nice:

Screenshot 3:
http://www.selbstverwaltung-bundesweit.de/correct.PNG

I changed the code from the tutorial (foss4g2007) a bit to adapt the example to OpenLayers 2.7, so I don`t use
<script src="./OpenLayers-google/lib/OpenLayers.js">

but

<script src="../../lib/OpenLayers.js">

...but I think this shouldn`t create the problem.
I guess it`s more a geodata-problem?

Problem 2 could be occur because the edges of the geometry are too long, right?
But does it mean in the victoria-data e.g. that a road is separated into many,many short edges? I wonder why in sreenshot 3 the route ends at the red point (and not at the end of the road, what would be the case with my data).

I really don`t understand problem 1 because the geodata exist where I put start and finalpoint. Has anybody an explanation for that?

Thank you very much, Kai
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a