[pgrouting-users] PgRouting-Problems with own OSM-data

Kai Behncke Kai-Behncke at gmx.de
Fri Apr 17 18:57:30 EDT 2009

Hi Stephen, Hi mailinglist,

thank you very much for that hint. With that way I was able to find out that there are far too many "dead ends" in my data, so I think this is the proof that it`s really a data problem?

http://www.selbstverwaltung-bundesweit.de/too_many_dead_ends.png

I made this test also with the victoria-data, there everything is correct.

To get a step further I work now with a very small dataset (just 35
geometries) (as you can see in the screenshot above) but without success so far.

>If you have a lot of red dots between segments
>that should be joined, you probably need to rebuild your vertices tmp
>table with a larger tolerance.

I did that, I changed 0.001 in

SELECT assign_vertex_id('auswahl_os', 0.001, 'the_geom', 'gid');

with the values 0.005, 0.01, 0.05, 0.5, 5, 50 and so on

The values <50 still show very many "dead ends". If I have higher values then
the amount of vertices in general decreases, so a routing is also not possible anymore, you can see it here:

http://www.selbstverwaltung-bundesweit.de/not_enough_vertices.png

Maybe the following is a hint:

If I use
SELECT assign_vertex_id('auswahl_os', 0.001, 'the_geom', 'gid');

with my data I get 54 entries in the vertices_tmp-table.
(an extract of the victorie-data (50 geometries) just gives 42 entries in
vertices_tmp).

What could be the reason that I get so many entries mith my data?

What exactly stands the value 0.001 for?

I really don`t understand what could be wrong with my geodata :-(

Might it be possible that someone would have a look to these 54 geometries
(4 eyes see more than two) ??

Puh....if I get it I will really write a huge tutorial in the pgrouting-wiki.

Best regards, Kai

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a