[pgrouting-users] osm2pgrouting import problem

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Jul 14 17:05:19 EDT 2009

Kai Behncke wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>

>> In case it is not obvious, since you are patch source files you will
>> need to rebuild the executables and install them in some appropriate
>> place.
>

> I`m not sure if I understand, you mean, I need to rebuild osm2pgrouting?
>
> I tried now:
>
> 1.)Checking out osm2pgrouting
> from: svn checkout http://pgrouting.postlbs.org/svn/pgrouting/tools/osm2pgrouting/trunk osm2pgrouting
>
> 2.) make
>
> (I think, osm2pgrouting doesn`t need a make install ?)

So what make does is compile the source files into an executable

> 3.) patch -p0 -i db.patch in  /home/work/osm2pgrouting

This modifies the source files, but not the executable that you built
above, so when you run it below are you running the patch code or the
original code?

> ...should be the steps, no?

Probably not, you need to run make after you patch the files so you are
compiling the modified source files other wise you are running the
executable built on the original files and not using the patched files.

-Steve