[pgrouting-users] Adding bike routes to database

Yasir Shoaib yasirshoa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 04:59:12 EDT 2010

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for replying.

There is the issue of my current bike routes data not being aligned to the
exiting streets (some differences are present). Also, I am not sure how ways
can be assigned multiple class id's. The Ontario.osm which was downloaded
didn't have bike data imported into the pgrouting db, unless I missed
something. Ontario.osm was downloaded from:
http://downloads.mapzen.mapzen.cloudmade.com/north_america/canada/ontario

To get things started, I tried adding the routes and then running the search
with lower cost assigned to bike routes and higher to other road networks
but this didn't work as intended. Maybe this is the problem that you mention
about nodes snapping relating to the high tolerance.

Although, I am continuing to look into this, based on above do you have any
suggestions on getting things working?

Thanks,
Yasir