[pgrouting-users] Nasty crash from pgRouting

Richard Marsden winwaed at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 17:44:13 EST 2011

As a follow up...

I still don't know the reason for the crash, but I've finally got a large
enough ubuntu system installed and loaded up with PostGIS, pgrouting 1.5,
etc.  It appears to be working okay, although psycopg2 is returning "no
result" in a different manner - that threw my Python code a little.

So whatever the bug was, it appears to have been fixed in pgRouting 1.5.

Whilst waiting for the disk to arrive, I did run a series of scripts to
remove links less than a fixed distance (1m I think it was) and links with
the same start and end node. This did not fix the problem.
The scripts also cleaned up the length & cost information, so I shall be
running them again this evening. With the whole planet.osm dataset loaded,
they took a while to run & re-index...

Richard (M)