[pgrouting-users] TSP and how to contribute

Emre Koc emrekoch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 04:10:48 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Daniel Kastl <daniel at georepublic.de>wrote:

> 2011/1/13 Emre Koc <emrekoch at gmail.com>
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am intereted in using TSP functions of pgRouting but I couldn't find any
>> tutorial or documentation on it. Does anyone have a documentation for TSP
>> functions ? I am using Dijkstra with a custom query. Is it possible to use
>> TSP with custom query?
>>

> This is the documentation: http://www.pgrouting.org/docs/1.x/tsp.html
> If you look into the TSP wrapper SQL file, you will find some custom
> function.
> Unfortunately there is not more official documentation yet. If someone
> knows of some or wants to write some, very welcome!

When I check the tsp wrappers there are functions for tsp_astar,
tsp_dijkstra, tsp_ids etc. It would be very nice to have documentation for
those but it is very hard to understand the usage by looking at function
definitions. But i will have a look at the source and see if I can
contribute to documentation.

>> Also I want to extend pgRouting functionality by calculating a distance
>> network from a point or towards a point. How can I integrate my source to
>> pgRouting ?
>>

> To make this easier we moved to Github.
> Create your own account at Github, make a fork of the pgRouting repository
> and when you made some changes that you would like to contribute back to
> pgRouting, let us know and we can take a look and merge the changes into the
> main repository. http://www.pgrouting.org/development.html

I will fork and see what I can add to source.

>> Last, does anyone worked on road directions for navigation ?
>>

> Stephen Woodbridge did as far as I remember, but it depends very much on
> the available attributes of the road network data you're using.

I have all types of attributes for roads. Is Stephen contributed the source
to pgRouting ? I did not see any documentation on directions.