[pgrouting-users] TSP and how to contribute

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Thu Jan 13 22:15:35 EST 2011

2011/1/14 Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com>

> On 1/13/2011 3:18 AM, Emre Koc wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am intereted in using TSP functions of pgRouting but I couldn't find
>> any tutorial or documentation on it. Does anyone have a documentation
>> for TSP functions ? I am using Dijkstra with a custom query. Is it
>> possible to use TSP with custom query?
>>
>> Also I want to extend pgRouting functionality by calculating a distance
>> network from a point or towards a point. How can I integrate my source
>> to pgRouting ?
>>

> Yes, I asked for this functionality also. I did a little research into how
> to do this. I seems that in boost you need to reverse the graph. We already
> build the graph but would need to then add a step to reverse it to change
> the sense of direction. I think this is the function that is needed:
>
> http://www.systomath.com/include/Boost-1_35/libs/graph/doc/reverse_graph.html

Maybe someone wants to add an RFC for that (
http://www.pgrouting.org/rfc/index.html).
Soon there will be GSoC and students will be looking for project ideas.

Recently "SRC" (don't know the real name) wrote some bidirectional patch for
pgRouting. I applied the patch to my fork at GitHub called "Two-Way
A-Star": https://github.com/dkastl/pgrouting
Is this somehow related?

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de