[pgrouting-users] TSP and how to contribute

Emre Koc emrekoch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 03:27:18 EST 2011

/emre

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Daniel Kastl <daniel at georepublic.de>wrote:

> 2011/1/14 Emre Koc <emrekoch at gmail.com>
>
> Sure
>>
>> Here is my sql query for that image.
>>
>> SELECT edges.gid, ST_AsText(edges.the_geom) AS geotext,
>>                  edges.ft_minutes,
>>  edges.meters
>> FROM edges,
>> (SELECT edge_id, cost FROM driving_distance('SELECT gid as id,
>>  source::integer,
>>  target::integer,
>>          meters::double precision as cost
>>  FROM edges', $startVertexID, $cost,false,false)
>> )  as rt
>> WHERE edges.gid=rt.edge_id;";
>>
>> I just give a sample vertex id and a cost value in meters and got
>> resulting edges. Normally when I find shortest paths all roads are connected
>> so the graph is ok. But this driving directions does not output connected
>> roads, thats the thing I do not understand.
>>

> Driving distance returns you all the vertices you can reach from a start
> point to within what you have defined as the maximum costs.
> I think you're looking for another query (Dijkstra, A-Star, Shooting Star).

I am looking for a output that shows road network that I can reach from a
start point within a defined maximum cost. So if driving distance does not
output connected edges what do you suggest me to do in order to have a
connected road network with the given vertices ? Running shortest path for
each vertex does not seem feasible but I am unable to see a way to implement
it without going inside c functions.